I just came across Kei’s post about what handwriting shows of your personality, and I had to give it a go. (I guess it’s an interesting form of procrastination – I should really be writing an essay atm!). So, out comes the graphics tablet, followed by a short pause as I try to remember how to write. My sample:
The results (and my comments):
- You plan ahead, and are interested in beauty, design, outward appearance, and symmetry.
- OK, true to a certain extent.
- You are a shy, idealistic person who does not find it easy to have relationships, especially intimate ones.
- True with the first bit, less sure about the second bit – but then, because of the first bit, I’ve not really got much experience of the latter bit!
- You are diplomatic, objective, and live in the present.
- Fair enough.
- You are not very reserved, impatient, self-confident and fond of action.
- hmm; a little translation’s needed here. So I’m not reserved, but I am patient, not very self-confident, and I’m not fond of action. I’d say that I was reserved, and that I don’t mind action, but the middle bit’s probably correct.
- You enjoy life in your own way and do not depend on the opinions of others.
- Well, I _try_ to. I’m not sure how well I succeed, though. Darned ego.
I guess that the idea does make sense – your psychology will affect your handwriting, as it will affect everything else that you do (how you approach it, how much care you put into things, etc.). The question is more how much you can successfully read into it. I’m surprised that the website doesn’t ask for feedback on its results, to try to improve its responses – but then, would people really enter the truth about themselves into a website like that?
Finally, there’s one sentance on the website that I really liked. After you’ve put in your handwriting sample, and got the results, the page says “Like handwriting analysis itself, the evaluation you just received is not a replacement for professional help.” So it’s telling me I need professional help? Gee, thanks!