My publications are listed below in reverse chronological order. You can also see these on arXiv and NASA ADS. You can see my publication statistics on Google Scholar; as of 2014 I have a h-index of 9, and the publications have received over 700 citations.
- Planck Collaboration, “Planck intermediate results. XXXI. Microwave survey of Galactic supernova remnants”, arXiv:1409.5746.
- Planck Collaboration, “Planck intermediate results. XXV. The Andromeda Galaxy as seen by Planck”, arXiv:1407.5452 – I led this paper.
- Planck Collaboration, “Planck intermediate results. XXIII. Galactic plane emission components derived from Planck with ancillary data”, arXiv:1406.5093
- Planck Collaboration, “Planck intermediate results. XVIII The millimetre and sub-millimetre emission from planetary nebulae”, arXiv:1403.4723
- Planck Collaboration, “Planck intermediate results. XV. A study of anomalous microwave emission in Galactic clouds”, arXiv:1309.1357
- Ricci et al., “A 20 GHz Bright Sample for Delta > 72 deg – II. Multi-frequency Follow-up”, arXiv:1307.8380
- Planck Collaboration, “Planck intermediate results. XIV. Dust emission at millimetre wavelengths in the Galactic plane”, arXiv:1307.6815
- Planck Collaboration, “Planck 2013 results. V. LFI calibration”, arXiv:1303.5066
- Planck Collaboration, “Planck 2013 results. III. LFI systematic uncertainties”, arXiv:1303.5064
- Planck Collaboration, “Planck 2013 results. II. The Low Frequency Instrument data processing”, arXiv:1303.5063
- Planck Collaboration, “Planck 2013 results. I. Overview of products and scientific results”, arXiv:1303.5062
- Planck Collaboration, “Planck intermediate results. XII: Diffuse Galactic components in the Gould Belt System”, arXiv:1301.5839
- M. W. Peel, C. Dickinson, R. D. Davies, A. J. Banday, T. R. Jaffe, J. L. Jonas, “Template fitting of WMAP 7-year data: anomalous dust or flattening synchrotron emission?”, MNRAS, 424, 2676, arXiv:1112.0432I led this work, doing the template fits, analysis, and writing the paper.
- Scott T. Kay, Michael W. Peel, C.J. Short, Peter A. Thomas, Owain E. Young, Richard A. Battye, Andrew R. Liddle, Frazer R. Pearce, “Sunyaev-Zel’dovich clusters in Millennium Gas simulations”, MNRAS, 442, 1999, arXiv:1112.3769
99% of this paper is Scott’s work; I helped with the analysis looking at the effects of overlapping clusters on the Y-M relationship.
- J. A. Gupta, I. W. A. Browne, M. W. Peel, “Blazar Compton efficiencies: Fermi, external photons and the Sequence”, arXiv:1106.5172
I provided general input, occasionally playing the devil’s advocate, and assisting with the paper’s instigation and direction.
Also see: J A Gupta et al 2012 J. Phys.: Conf. Ser. 355 012015 (ADS)
- Planck Collaboration: Ade et al., “Planck Early Results: New Light on Anomalous Microwave Emission from Spinning Dust Grains”, A&A, 536, A20, arXiv:1101.2031
I played a significant role in the creation of this paper, including leading the new regions section (coming up with the method of identifying the regions, looking through the candidates, and identifying those that made it into the paper), and working on the aperture photometry (the final flux densities for rho ophiuchi and M42 were assembled by me).
- Planck Collaboration: Ade et al., “Planck Early Results: The Planck View of Nearby Galaxies”, A&A, 536, A16, arXiv:1101.2045
I provided some input to this paper; originally, I was going to contribute a section to it, but this was spun off into a later paper.
- C. Dickinson, M. W. Peel, M. Vidal, “New constraints on the Polarization of Anomalous Microwave Emission in nearby molecular clouds”, MNRAS Letters, 418, L35, arXiv:1108.0308
I worked on the aperture photometry software, the total intensity analysis for Perseus, and provided general input throughout.
- Katy Lancaster, Mark Birkinshaw, Marcin P. Gawronski, Richard Battye, Ian Browne, Richard Davis, Paul Giles, Roman Feiler, Andrzej Kus, Bartosz Lew, Stuart Lowe, Ben Maughan, Abdulaziz Mohammad, Bogna Pazderska, Eugeniusz Pazderski, Mike Peel, Boud Roukema, Peter Wilkinson, “Sunyaev Zel’dovich observations of a statistically complete sample of galaxy clusters with OCRA-p”, MNRAS, 418, 1441, arXiv:1106.3766
I provided some, but not much, input into this; I am primarily on it as I am part of the OCRA collaboration and have contributed generally to the instrument and the data analysis.
- Martin Poulter and Mike Peel, “Physics on Wikipedia“, Physics World, September 2011, p. 32-36
Popular article (not peer reviewed), about Physics coverage on Wikipedia, and ways that it can be improved. Accompanied by a blog post.
- M. W. Peel, C. Dickinson, R. D. Davies, D. L. Clements, R. J. Beswick, “Radio to infrared spectra of late-type galaxies with Planck and WMAP data”, MNRAS Letters, 416, 99, arXiv:1105.6336, NASA ADS
I led this work, assembling the data, fitting the spectra and writing the paper.
- R.A. Battye, I.W.A. Browne, M.W. Peel, N.J. Jackson, C. Dickinson, “Statistical properties of polarized radio sources at high frequency and their impact on CMB polarization measurements”, MNRAS, 413, 132, arXiv:1003.5846, NASA ADS
I worked on the simulations (sections 5 & 6), and provided some input on the rest of the paper. I also produced the final versions of the plots used throughout the paper.
- M. W. Peel, M. P. Gawronski, R. A. Battye, M. Birkinshaw, I. W. A. Browne, R. J. Davis, R. Feiler, A. J. Kus, K. Lancaster, S. R. Lowe, B. M. Pazderska, E. Pazderski, B. F. Roukema, and P. N. Wilkinson, “OCRA-p observations of the CRATES sources at 30 GHz”, MNRAS, 410, 2690, arXiv:1007.5242, NASA ADS
Also, erratum: MNRAS, 415, 2974, August 2011, and appended to the arXiv version.
I led the survey, reduced all of the data (which Marcin collected, and also reduced), and assembled the results.
- M.P. Gawronski, M.W. Peel, K. Lancaster, R.A. Battye, M. Birkinshaw, I.W.A. Browne, M.L. Davies, R.J. Davis, R. Feiler, T.M.O. Franzen, R. Genova-Santos, A.J. Kus, S.R. Lowe, B.M. Pazderska, E. Pazderski, G.G. Pooley, B.F. Roukema, E.M. Waldram, P.N. Wilkinson, “30 GHz observations of sources in the VSA fields”, MNRAS, 406, 1853, arXiv:0909.1189, NASA ADS
This was Marcin’s project that I did a significant amount of work on; including re-reducing all of the data, and playing a significant role in writing the paper.
- Michael Peel, “Simulations and Observations of the Microwave Universe“, PhD Thesis, University of Manchester, arXiv:1006.2760, NASA ADS
My thesis. All of my own work, with many collaborators.
- Michael W. Peel, Richard A. Battye, Scott T. Kay, “Statistics of the Sunyaev-Zel’dovich Effect power spectrum”, MNRAS, 397, 2189, arXiv:0903.5473, NASA ADS
I led this work and did nearly all of the research contained in it, with the guidance of Richard (my PhD supervisor) and input from Scott.
- B.M. Pazderska, M.P. Gawronski, R. Feiler, M. Birkinshaw, I.W.A. Browne, R. Davis, A.J. Kus, K. Lancaster, S.R. Lowe, E. Pazderski, M. Peel, P.N. Wilkinson “Survey of Planetary Nebulae at 30 GHz with OCRA-p”, A&A, 498, 463, arXiv:0902.3945, NASA ADS